Admission & Qualifications
New York State Bar Southern District of New York Eastern District of New York
Brown University, A.B. magna cum laude in International Relations and Economics
Harvard Law School, J.D.
Anna Lamut is a registered foreign lawyer in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office who focuses her practice on corporate internal investigations and compliance advising. She has broad experience representing corporates and individuals in internal investigations and in disclosures and litigation arising from those investigations. She also has experience conducting risk assessments, conducting compliance due diligence, and in creating and enhancing compliance programs.
- Conducted internal investigation for multinational fruit company into fraud committed by several of its employees in India.
- Conducted three separate internal investigations for multinational insurance company into allegations of bribery in Vietnam and analysis of disclosure obligations and decisions.
- Advised a leading multinational electrical equipment distributor on its internal investigations into allegations of bribery and internal fraud in several of its businesses in Greater China.
- Represented international manufacturing company in connection with internal investigation into potential violations of U.S. sanctions laws, and assisted that company in its ultimate disclosure of the potential violations to the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Represented individuals in internal investigations and investigations by U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), U.K. Serious Fraud Office (SFO), and U.K. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Developed suite of compliance policies and guidelines for Chinese multinational telecommunications company, and provided compliance training programs to that company’s senior management and business teams focusing on anti-bribery and corruption issues.
- Advised American multinational company on revamping its compliance training tools and its compliance program in India.
- Enhanced Japanese multinational financial institution’s compliance policies and procedures in response to investigation findings.
- Conducted post-acquisition risk assessment of Indian technology business and advised as to recommended remediation measures.
- Advised American PE firm in ABC and sanctions aspects of merger of two technology businesses, one with a substantial PRC component.
- Advised multinational beverage company as to its ABC compliance risks in relation to Vietnam acquisition.
"Investing in India: How addressing corruption and fraud risks creates higher value" Private Equity Wire (May 2020).
"COVID-19: Don't Let Your Corporate Compliance Program Become Another Casualty of this Crisis" Baker McKenzie Client Alerts (March 2020).
"US Department of Justice revises FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy to encourage adoption of guidance and controls around WeChat, WhatsApp and other messaging services" Baker McKenzie Client Alerts (March 2019).
Registered Foreign Lawyer, Baker McKenzie (2018-present)
Associate, Winston & Strawn LLP (2011-2017)
Law Clerk, Honorable Victor Marrero, United States District Judge, Southern District of New York (2010)