- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Independent Accountants (IBRACON)
- Member of the Regional Council of Public Accountants (CRC) (with specific Federal Council of Accountants (CNAI) certifications for auditing listed companies)
- B.S., Business Administration, Pontifíca Universidade Católica de São Paulo (1993 – 1997)
- B.S., Accounting Sciences, Universidade Paulista (UNIP) (2000)
- Specialization Controlership, FGV (2001 – 2002)
- MBA, Executive Master Business Administration – FIA (2017 – 2019)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), licensed in the state of Maine, USA
- Regional Accounting Council in Brazil (CRC)
Patrícia Latorre, a Partner with StoneTurn, has 20 years of external audit and fraud investigations experience. Specifically, she is an external audit specialist in fraud risk assessment and prevention procedures.
Patrícia has also led and taken part in anti-corruption engagements pertaining to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) in Brazil, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Portugal and Switzerland.
Patrícia spent most of her career with PricewaterhouseCoopers Brazil, where she was an Audit Partner. As Audit Partner, she primarily acted in the external audit area with a focus on telecommunications, communications, entertainment and media clients.
Earlier in her career with PwC Brazil, Patrícia coordinated audit engagements in diverse Latin American countries and a wide range of industries (consumer products, manufacturing, transportation, automotive, energy and real state), and was responsible for reviewing external audit engagement projects when corporate fraud events were detected. She also led training focused on fraud risk detection for PwC Brazil’s external audit practice.
Patrícia also worked with PwC’s U.S. Forensic Services practice, where she took part in worldwide anti-corruption projects and developed anti-corruption work tools and programs to evaluate the existence of fraud. During her tenure in Forensic Services, she concentrated on serving clients to identify and assess fraud, misconduct and reputation risks, evaluate the design and validate the operating effectiveness of antifraud programs and controls and design substantive fraud auditing procedures and develop responses to suspect or discovered fraud.
Patrícia has a broad knowledge base in accounting matters, financial statements prepared in Brazilian Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (“BR GAAP”), as well as U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and statements of SEC- and Brazilian Securities Commission (“CVM”)-listed companies. She is a Certified Public Accountant (licensed in the state of Maine). She is a native Portuguese speaker and is fluent in English.
Clean Company Act: What have we learned? - StoneTurn website, Feb 2019
- Citibank S.A. (1994 – 1996)
- Coopers & Lybrand Auditores (1997 – 1999)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (1999 – 2017)