Coral A. Negron, a member of Jenner & Block's Investigations, Compliance and Defense Practice in Chicago, brings more than 10 years of experience to high-pressure, high-stakes internal investigations. She reviews and provides recommendations to improve corporate compliance policies and programs and conducts analysis related to the Foreign Corruption Practices Act (FCPA).
Clients turn to Ms. Negron when facing significant legal and government enforcement risks. Ms. Negron works with her clients on the following:
- Internal investigations into potential fraud, corruption and other white collar issues;
- FCPA compliance reviews;
- Representation in government investigations and enforcement actions involving the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other federal, state and local agencies;
- Preparation and revisions of compliance policies and training materials; and
- Joint venture due diligence.
Ms. Negron has worked on a broad range of sensitive, high-stakes matters. A representative sample includes the following:
- Advising a large defense contractor regarding ethics and anti-corruption issues, including revising company policies and training materials;
- Representing an individual in a DOJ and SEC investigation related to potential FCPA violations;
- Representing an international oil company in a DOJ and SEC investigation into potential FCPA violations;
- Conducting an internal investigation of a financial institution in connection with fraud allegations; and
- Playing a senior leadership role on one of the largest FCPA compliance monitorships in history.
Ms. Negron’s active pro bono practice focuses on serving as a guardian ad litem for minor children. She has also represented individual criminal defendants in state and federal court.
Ms. Negron graduated from Harvard Law School in 2007. Before joining the firm in 2012, Ms. Negron served as a law clerk to the Honorable Andrew J. Kleinfeld of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and worked for several years at Gibson Dunn in Washington, DC. Ms. Negron is admitted to practice in Illinois, the District of Columbia and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. She serves on the board of Holy Trinity High School and on the Welles Park Advisory Council. She has participated in the Lawyers in the Classroom program at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School for more than seven years.