Poonam is an associate director in Grant Thornton UK LLP's forensic investigations services practice focusing on investigations and forensic data analytics.
Poonam has over a decade of forensic experience, investigating fraud and asset misappropriation, bribery and corruption, financial misstatements and wider financial crime matters. She has worked in multiple jurisdictions across Europe, Asia and Africa.
She has worked with clients across various sectors including heavy manufacturing, utilities, conglomerates, retail, professional and financial services
Poonam is a chartered accountant, a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.
A sample of Poonam's recent engagements include:
- a review on behalf of one of the UK’s biggest brewery companies into the key performance indicators reported by a large logistics service provider following irregularities and inconsistencies identified in the KPI reports, which led to concerns regarding potential manipulation of records.
- an independent review of a FTSE AIM 100 retailer’s supply chain in response to media allegations raised surrounding supplier relationships.
- an investigation into allegations of fraud and financial manipulation for a large UK listed automotive company.
- investigations into allegations of bribery and corruption at several state-owned entities on behalf of an African government following regime change.
- an investigation into allegations of financial misstatements and inflated accounts for a distressed high-profile Eastern European company, placed under administration after facing financial difficulties.
- an enterprise-wide fraud risk assessment for a billion-pound turnover UK utilities provider.
- a limited scope, high level procurement risk review of one of the biggest shipping companies worldwide, on behalf of the client who holds a stake in that company.