Inbal Garrity concentrates her practice in the areas of white collar criminal defense, investigations, and complex corporate and commercial litigation. She represents both individuals and companies in a wide variety of matters, including:
- criminal prosecutions and grand jury investigations involving securities fraud, antitrust, public corruption, FCPA, money laundering, OFAC violations, and bank and insurance fraud
- corporate internal investigations
- SEC and other federal regulatory proceedings
- design and implementation of compliance programs
- Represented a major business management firm in investigation of $10 million embezzlement.
- Representation of a major international accounting firm in responding to Congressional and law enforcement subpoenas for tax returns and financial statements of the President of the United States.
- Represented public company employees in a criminal antitrust investigation of the automobile parts industry conducted by DOJ Antitrust Division and European Commission.
- Represented a hedge fund in an SEC high-speed trading ("spoofing") investigation.
- Represented managing directors at an investment bank in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation into bid rigging and kickbacks in municipal bond financing.
- Represented a stock trader in a federal criminal investigation into high-speed trading methods.
- Represented national retailer in an SEC investigation into circumstances surrounding restated financial disclosures.
- Represented a film production company in DOJ Antitrust Division criminal investigation of film production companies and advertising agencies for bid rigging.
- Represented an internet gaming company in federal criminal investigation and civil forfeiture case.
- Part of trial team that obtained acquittal following 11-month trial of high-level Marsh executive in criminal antitrust case brought by New York State Attorney General.
- Represented the country’s largest mortgage due diligence firm, in connection with sub-prime mortgage investigations by New York State Attorney General, SEC, and Connecticut Attorney General.
- Represented a global chemical manufacturer in multidistrict MTBE litigation.
- Represented a public official in a federal public corruption case in Las Vegas.
- 2013–2019, New York Metro “Rising Star” in White Collar Criminal Law, listed in Super Lawyers
- Member of the New York Council of Defense Lawyers
Outside of Work
Inbal has a black belt in Kenpo Karate and is an avid runner and amateur chef. She lives in Manhattan with her husband and three sons.