Admission & Qualifications
- Fully qualified lawyer, Bar Association Hamburg
- Certified Fraud Examiner (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), USA and Germany)
- Certified Data Protection Officer (TÜV)
- Higher Regional Court Zweibrücken (Germany), Legal Clerkship, Degree Second State Examination, 2000
- Final period of legal work experience (“Wahlstation”) labor law and contract law (USA, 2000)
- Johannes-Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (Germany), Legal studies, Degree First State Examination, 1998
- Université de Lausanne (French part of Switzerland), Legal Studies, two semesters abroad, 1993/1994
Nadine has broad experience working 20 years in the area of Corporate Governance. She worked intra-company as Chief Compliance Officer in the medical technology and defense industry as well as Forensic Advisor for two of the big4 accounting firms.
In her role as Chief Compliance Officer and Division Manager Corporate Governance, Nadine advised board members and senior management regarding strategic marketing concepts, business judgement decisions and corporation with joint venture partners or other business partners as well as how to deal with crisis situations e.g. in case of preliminary proceedings accompanied by antecedent searching’s. Her responsibilities included the conception and implementation of a compliance management system for cross-border companies. In this context Nadine conducted compliance-risk-analyses, led compliance trainings for the management board, senior management, employees and distributors, she managed compliance audits regarding suspicious cases and prepared as head of the Compliance Committee decisions bases for the management regarding the assertion of sanctions under employment law.
As Senior Manager Forensic Services Nadine advised companies and authorities being affected by white collar crime. Nadine conducted investigations (including FCPA investigations) in a wide variety of branches leading national and international projects teams up to 40 people and prepared forensic reports, being used in a court of law for civil claims, labor law measures or to file a criminal complaint.
Today Nadine established her own company Compliance Customized and advises clients regarding the conception, implementation and optimization of compliance management systems as well as regarding compliance topics in the context of corruption, conflict of interests and antitrust. To develop individual solutions with sense of proportion is Nadine’s expertise.
In her role as external auditor Nadine accompanies certifications for compliance management systems on behalf of the “Hamburger Compliance Zertifikat” (chamber of commerce Hamburg) and Austrian Standards.
Nadine Jacobi is a Registered Attorney, Certified Fraud Examiner (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners USA and Germany) and Certified Data Protection Officer (TÜV).
Nadine accompanied several preliminary investigations in her role as Forensic Advisor as well as Chief Compliance Officer. As Forensic Advisor she supported the investigating prosecutor and the criminal investigation department on behalf of the client by conducting the fact finding and sharing the results of the audit report with the authorities.
As Chief Compliance Officer and in case of upcoming preliminary proceedings Nadine was acting as point of contact for the prosecution as well as for the shareholder and supervisory board – in both cases representing the company’s interests and being responsible to lead the affected company out of the crisis.
Furthermore, as Chief Compliance Officer Nadine developed the division corporate governance with the departments compliance, audit and data protection and leaded an EMEA wide project for the implementation of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Regarding the global implementation of an electronic systems for 3rd party management Nadine represented the interests and responsibilities for the EMEA region together with the head of Medical Affairs.
Hospitality in the environment of compliance: Handling of hospitality activities regarding German professional sport (New Business Publishing, Annual Book Sponsoring 2009)
- “Compliance Officer – The first 100 days” at the Bucerius Law School, Hamburg
- „Set-up of a compliance organisation“ with Mr. Lieske (Head of Compliance, Marquard & Bahls AG ), Dr. Gottschalk (law office CMS), Hr. Rollmann (eDiscovery provider Recommind)
- „Corruption – lubricant of economy?” in cooperation with the attorneys Dr. Erdt (law firm Friedrich Graf von Westphalen) and Dr. Gross (law firm Feigen & Graf)
(1) Inhouse Employments as Chief Compliance Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer und Division Manager Corporate Governance, Olympus Europa SE & Co. KG, Hamburg (2016 – 2019)
Leadership of the departments compliance, data protection and audit, reporting line to the CEO
- Chief Compliance Officer and Division Manager Compliance (Proxy), Atlas Elektronik GmbH (A joint company of ThyssenKrupp and Airbus DS), Bremen (2012 – 2016)
Lead of Departments “Central Compliance” and “Export Compliance”, reporting line to executive board, supervisory board and the shareholder ThyssenKrupp and Airbus Defense, member of the “top executives”
- Compliance Officer: Syngenta AG, Basel and Ferrostaal AG, Essen (2011 – 2012)
(2) Advisory Employments as Senior Manager Forensic Services, “Big4” accounting firms
- Senior Manager (proxy), Deloitte & Touche GmbH, Düsseldorf und München (2008 – 2011)
- Manager (proxy), PricewaterhouseCoopers AG, Frankfurt am Main (2000 – 2008)