Deirdre joined Deloitte as a Partner in the Financial Advisory department in 2018, having joined from KPMG.
Deirdre is a senior forensic accountant with over 20 years’ experience in developing and leading financial crime solutions in the areas of investigations, anti-bribery and corruption, KYC, fraud risk management and data analytics.
Deirdre has led some of the largest high profile investigations and examples of recent work include;
- 1000+ asset tracing investigations for Irish and UK financial institutions and NAMA, including verification investigations for loan book sales to international funds.
- 500+ third party due diligence investigations for international and domestic clients in consumables, construction, pharma, IT and aviation sectors.
- Led a team of 50+ on an AML remediation projects for an Irish financial institutions.
- Provision of Protected Disclosure hotlines and other “whistleblowing” mediums to Irish clients.
- Led the investigation of fraudulent financial reporting in a number of international hotel groups, pharmaceutical companies, retail companies and public sector bodies.
- Undertook a number of fraudulent preference investigations under Section 251 of the Companies Act 1990.
- Assisted the liquidators on an Irish bank in the recovery of material assets from international jurisdictions.
- Assists Irish financial institutions with Independent Business Reviews for domestic clients in the property development and construction sectors.
Deirdre is also a seasoned lecturer, having developed and lectured on the Diploma in Forensic Accounting for Chartered Accountant’s Ireland and on the MSc in White Collar Crime Prevention and Anti-Bribery & Corruption for the Institute of Banking Ireland.