Anjali Shah is a Manager in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory. She has over 5 years of providing investigative and compliance support services to clients and their legal counsel in a variety of industries, with a focus on the life sciences industry. Anjali’s experience includes providing forensic consulting, investigative, and compliance services on topics such anti-bribery and anti-corruption investigations and risk assessments, compliance program assessments, healthcare reimbursement investigations, and purchase price disputes.
Prior to Deloitte, Anjali worked at Grant Thornton and KPMG LLP in their respective forensic practices, at a global life sciences manufacturer within their managed care finance group and global compliance audit, and as a compliance auditor for a federal OIG agency.
• Led an investigation for a medical device company to determine if executed deals involved corrupt behavior with oligarchs
• Supported a shadow investigation of an energy company, focusing on multiple issues including conflicts of interest/related parties, vendor fraud, and kickbacks.
• Conducted a multi million-dollar wire fraud investigation for a global insurance company
• Managed a review of insurance payments to calculate the total overpayment by an insurance provider to a non-profit providing medical services
• Led earnings management investigation of a specialty chemicals company
• Spearheaded simultaneous investigations of two separate global locations for a chemicals client involving bribery, ghost payroll, and OFAC restrictions
• Managed distributor audits for a medical device manufacturer, focusing on product diversion and tying sales of specific NDCs to patient populations
• Performed fraud risk assessments for a natural gas company’s national operations and a global bank’s accounts payable function
• Investigated asset misappropriation for a large non-profit, calculating total losses and identifying control weaknesses that allowed the fraud to be perpetrated
• Examined a large financial institution’s sales practices by reviewing documents, conducting interviews, reviewing emails, and performing data analysis
• Led an investigation of inventory misappropriation and identified process and system weaknesses for a global aviation company