Sarah M. Mathews focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, white collar criminal matters, and regulatory investigations. She is experienced in handling government investigation from inception through trial. Sarah has represented clients in federal and state investigations relating to securities and commodities fraud, antitrust, public corruption, and government contracts.
- Advised executive of Japanese company in connection with Department of Justice criminal antitrust investigation and subsequent settlement.
- Counsel to charter school management company in parallel civil and criminal fraud investigations and proceedings.
- Negotiated plea agreement for state senator facing bribery and tax evasion charges
- Counsel on trial team securing jury acquittal for commodities trader indicted on commodities fraud charges.
- Represented individuals and companies responding to subpoenas issued by Special Counsel’s Office and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.