Ella is a senior associate in Slaughter and May’s Global Investigations Group. Ella advises corporations, financial institutions and individuals in relation to bribery and corruption, regulatory, tax and fraud investigations, including investigations and enforcement actions by the Financial Conduct Authority and Serious Fraud Office. In addition, Ella regularly advises clients in relation to anti-bribery and corruption compliance and related issues.
Ella’s work has included advising:
- Standard Chartered PLC in relation to investigations into its historical sanctions compliance and financial crime controls by the Financial Conduct Authority and several U.S. agencies including the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, which were resolved in April 2019;
- British American Tobacco in relation to an SFO investigation into suspicions of corruption;
- Deutsche Bank in relation to the Financial Conduct Authority’s LIBOR investigation and related civil litigation;
- JP Morgan in relation to the Serious Fraud Office’s investigation into allegations of fraudulent conduct in the FX market;
- the Serious Fraud Office when defending civil claims brought by the Tchenguiz brothers;
- a former senior official of the Bank of England in relation to a Serious Fraud Office investigation into Bank of England liquidity auctions during the financial crisis; and
- ABP Foods in relation to the horsemeat scandal in 2013 and the appearance of ABP’s Chief Executive before a Parliamentary Select Committee.
Ella was recognised as a "Future Leader" in the 2018 and 2019 editions of Who's Who Legal: Investigations and was named among the top Women in Investigations by Global Investigations Review (GIR) in 2018.